Skip to main content

Natural Awakenings Fairfield County & Housatonic Valley CT

Mysticism, Science & Religion in Westport

Today humanity is at a crossroads: Religion is an increasingly irrelevant part of daily life, with growing numbers citing their religious affiliation as none. Western science has determined that, after 500 years, it has been studying just 5% of the Universe and calls the remaining 95% “dark”. Spirituality and mysticism are not part of daily life for many, with empty materialism becoming dominant, and more people asking: What is the purpose of life?

Now you can join the discussion through an ongoing online course of study entitled Is Mysticism Where Science and Religion Meet? Beginning October 7 from 7 to 9pm, the group meets every Wednesday and is led by Dr. Bart Stuck, applied mathematician and physicist, and Rev. Marjorie Partch, Jungian astrologer and poet.

Through lectures, readings and guided group discussions, Stuck and Partch will present ancient concepts, cutting-edge theories, speculations, assertions, data, and most of all, thought-provoking ideas to generate discussion.

Religious topics will examine astronomy, cosmology, and astrology as spiritual components of religion, drawing on principles from sacred geometry, the Talmud, the Analects, the I Ching (Book of Changes), the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, the Abidhamma of the Buddha, paracelsus (alchemy), and the work of Swiss psychoanalyst C.G. Jung, among others. 

From a scientific viewpoint, the discussion will build on the fundamentals set forth in correspondence between Jung and the Nobel Prize winning physicist Wolfgang Pauli from 1932 to 1958 on philosophy, nature and human consciousness. The class will also look at the Eastern traditions of Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism; Western religions such as Judaism, Christianity and Islam; as well as meditation and prayer. 

To learn how to participate via Zoom, contact [email protected].

Upcoming Events Near You
Coming in March!
Due Date: The 10th of the month. Be a part of one of our upcoming issues. Contact [email protected] for cheerful and efficient help with your marketing!
Follow Us On Facebook
Nap Less for Heart Health
Aerobic Exercises Improve Fatty Liver Condition