Spring ‘Fresh Start’ with Shalva
Westport’s Shalva Clinic will hold its third seasonal open house on May 20 from 4 to 8pm. The clinic’s naturopathic doctors are offering free 15-minute cardiometabolic consults, along with demonstrations by an integrative nutrition health coach, master herbalist and massage therapist. Registration is required for the consults; register for a time slot at ShalvaClinic.org.
The Fresh Start Open House is free to the public, and includes healthy bites and beverages, raffles and prizes. Participants will engage in herbal medicine demonstrations and take home recipes to support health and well-being.
The open house talks include:
• Learn to Make Your Own Heart Health Tincture Using Herbs and Garden Weeds (4:30 pm)
• Stay Full with this Protein Packed Super Smoothie! A Demonstration & Sampling (5 pm)
• Lower Blood Pressure With These 3 Things: Nutrition, Herbs, and Homeopathy (5:30 pm)
• The Most Important Risk Factors for Heart Health (6 pm)
• Natural Approaches to High Cholesterol: Kick the Statins (6:30 pm)
• Satisfy Your Dessert Craving with Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding! A Demonstration & Sampling (7 pm)
• Learn to Make Your Own Heart Health Tincture using Herbs and Garden Weeds (7:30 pm)
“Spring is a wonderful time to recommit to your health,” says Ellen Lewis, ND, founder of Shalva Clinic. “The days are getting longer so there’s more time to be active, and there are more fresh foods available; both are important boosts to cardiovascular health. Shalva Clinic has a strong focus on healthy hearts, because heart disease is the leading cause of death in both men and women. In fact, heart disease kills five times more women than breast cancer.”
For more information, a list of services and providers, and to subscribe to the clinic’s newsletter, visit ShalvaClinic.org. Location: Shalva Clinic, 8 Lincoln St, Westport. See ad, page 71.