Communication Skills Workshop in Westport
Sep 02, 2016 02:36AM
A new group is forming in Westport to improve communication and relationship skills. The workshop will be offered on Mondays for six weeks, starting September 12. Two time slots are available: 11am-12:30pm or 5:30-7pm. The purpose of the course is to help participants improve their communication skills so they can have better, more connected relationships.
These are the topics for each of the six weeks:
• Week 1: Learning how to have a positive, achievable goal when communicating with a partner
• Week 2: Understanding how to make non-verbal communication consistent with the message of verbal communication
• Week 3: Studying research-based practical ways to dialogue with a partner
• Week 4: Talking about ways to be a better listener so partners will be more willing to communicate
• Week 5: Reviewing other methods to get a message across besides a constructive dialogue
• Week 6: Discussing ways to manage aggressive communication so that it will not escalate
Paula Levy is the workshop facilitator, a licensed marriage and family therapist and certified Imago therapist and mediator with more than 18 years of experience helping people improve their relationships. She has offices in Westport and Ridgefield.
For more information, visit PaulaLevyCT.com, email [email protected] or call 203-803-9387. Location: 3 Sylvan Rd South, Westport.