April 2021 Letter From PublisherMar 31, 2021 05:00PM ● By Erica Mills
The soil has officially begun to sprout new life and growth, which continues to bring us hope. The rain falls and replenishes life and nourishes the earth. You can almost feel the hope in the air right now. Things are looking better and brighter and when the sun shines through, greenery emerges and we are reminded that there are happier and lighter days ahead.
As most of our readers know, April 22 is Earth Day, and while we won’t be celebrating together as we have in the past, the hope this year is that you take the time to set your own intentions about what Earth Day means to you and your loved ones. Create an action plan to honor the Earth. You will find inspiration on ways you can do that in your own home and locally in the pages of Natural Awakenings this month.
• Learn about the benefits of planting trees on page 12.
• Read the action alert on page 9 to see what you may be able to do to support legislation on making electric vehicles more accessible to consumers in Connecticut.
• Create a nurturing home environment by bringing the outside in on page 14.
• Get to know more on how climate change is affecting our health on page 18.
• Children benefit from getting outside and into the woods; be inspired and take your family on a hike. Learn more on page 22.
We hope you enjoy reading this issue. If you are interested in being a part of an upcoming issue, please email me anytime at [email protected] Our next issue will be the annual Natural Living Directory and we hope it is chock full of articles, listings and profiles to help you find your personal path to wellness.
All the best today and always,